Key takeaways from NRF Big Show 2022
We had a blast at NRF's Big Show 2022. We met new people, reconnected with our network and lit up Times Square with our very own parcelLab billboard. And of course, we heard exciting, fresh ideas from expert speakers. In this guide, we round up our team's key takeaways from the event. To continue the conversation, we're sharing some content related to the sessions we attended.
Our NRF Big Show takeaways
- Listening to your customers and keeping them at the heart of what you do will be critically important for success in 2022.
- Brands must continue to grow with their customers. To win loyalty, customer expectations must be met.
- All brands are keen to stay engaged to their customers for longer. It's clear this will be a priority for brands.
If you liked that, you'll love this! Read from our CEO, Tobias Buxhoidt, why Operations Experience Management brings people and brands closer together.
- To balance growth with customer retention, Chewy makes end-to-end customer experience their priority.
- At Chewy, every decision is made with the customer in mind. In this way, the team feels they are able to preempt customer challenges and and stay ahead of the competition.
- Everyone at Chewy thinks of themselves as the Chief Customer Care Officer.
If you liked that, you'll love this! This blog explores how Operations Experience Management benefits the end customer.
- The biggest takeaway I got from this session is that you don’t have to compromise your performance for sustainability.
- Brands should enable their customers to make more sustainable choices by adapting their product offering.
- Personalized, sustainable customer experiences make people feel positively connected to the brands they buy from.
If you liked that, you'll love this! Read our report on sustainability in DTC retail.
- In 2022, brands should rethink what an inclusive shopping experience is. What else can you be doing to diversify?
- Inclusivity should be a foundational part of any brand's growth strategy. Accessibility should be a focus for all brands.
- Customers have more confidence in brands where they are represented and supported via their messaging and branding.
If you liked that, you'll love this! Watch Sonia Thompson's exclusive session from OX Fest: Growth through belonging
- 1 out of 3 consumers will stop doing business with a brand if they have a bad delivery experience.
- Customers remember their last mile experience and use it as a differentiator for brands.
- Within the next 3 years, we could see 99% of retailers offering fast (same day) delivery
If you liked that, you'll love this! Our latest blog explores how brands can improve their last mile experience in 2022.
- More brands should be prioritizing the experience they deliver after checkout to drive long-term loyalty.
- Shopping should be an experience, not a chore. Think outside the box when it comes to your customer experience.
- Providing customers with choice is as important in 2022 as it ever has been. As Vivek Sankaran said: "Our best customers are the ones shopping in-store and using digital options."
If you liked that, you'll love this! Check out Nate Harvey's talk at OX Fest: E-commerce as Entertainment.
Join the conversation
We can't wait to put what we learned at NRF's Big Show into play in 2022. We are excited to share more about our experience at the event - so stay tuned! To be the first to hear about the events our team is hosting and attending this year, checkout our Events page. Take a look at some great examples of outstanding post-checkout emails from our customers.
Create new reasons for people to love your brand. Build standout post-sales experiences tailored to your customers. Deliver personalized touch points that grab attention and spark loyalty.
After Christmas, online retailing is in for a real treat: a peak in returns is imminent. Retailers who use an online returns portal are significantly ahead of the competition, which still relies on enclosed returns labels. In order to protect their return on sales in already tight economic times, online retailers …
It’s safe to say that the last two years have been full of surprises for retailers… often unwelcome ones. But our latest research into e-commerce in the US has also found a lot of innovation, original thinking, and creativity. Here are just 3 trends emerging in 2022.#1 Sustainability …