Chris – Head of Sales
Name: Christoph Pirkl
Age: 33 years
Position at parcelLab: Head of Sales
Originally from: Straubing in Lower Bavaria
1. Briefly tell us what your everyday working life at parcelLab looks like
Working in sales at parcelLab is not like other sales roles. The start-up environment is diverse and each day is different.
My usual routine is to open the office and then treat myself to my first coffee. Then I take care of my own affairs (answering emails etc.), before devoting myself to my team to support them in their day-to-day tasks.
2. Tell us about your professional career
I started out with a classic apprenticeship as an insurance salesman and have remained loyal to the sales industry ever since. I transitioned into software sales and haven’t looked back.
3. What do you like most about parcelLab and your job?
I appreciate the open way in which things are tackled at parcelLab. Nobody takes themselves too seriously.
From working students to management, I think everyone feels equal and valued. You can feel this every day and it is also noticeable in the work we do.
What I like most about my job though is the daily contact with a wide variety of people. That is why I have always remained loyal to sales.
4. In your opinion, what makes parcelLab unique?
The “flat hierarchies”, which is not just a promise, but is the actual reality of working at parcelLab.
5. What are the characteristics of the perfect parcelLab candidate?
For me, they should have good team skills and a hands-on mentality.
6. How would you describe the working atmosphere at parcelLab?
Super relaxed. I enjoy the level of trust and treat myself to my time-outs (aka a power nap at lunchtime ). This atmosphere means we are all happy to work hard.
7. What was your favourite moment at parcelLab so far? And why?
Winning a start-up award for the best pitch in Paris. Achieving this in France with an English-language pitch certainly doesn’t happen every day.
8. What qualities and strengths have you gained during your time at parcelLab?
First of all, my understanding of complex problems in the e-commerce environment. But most importantly my leadership skills, which I was able to gain through managing my own team and its expansion and development.
9. What challenges have you had to face during your time at parcelLab and how did you overcome them?
In sales you are naturally challenged by your targets every day, but in addition to that, pitches in front of a larger audiences are always a great way to push yourself out of your comfort zone.
10. What makes Munich so attractive for you?
I’m only here for my fiancée – that is reason enough. Otherwise, Munich is “pretty okay” .
11. How would you spend your perfect weekend?
I prefer to spend the weekends on long walks with our dog in the northern part of the English Garden or on the slopes in the Alps. Then in the evening, I like to see friends over a glass (or bottle) of wine.
12. What three words would your colleagues use to describe you?
- Optimistic (thanks Isabel)
- Helpful (Thanks Isabel)
- Dynamic (thanks Isabel)