VP of Sales (US)
parcelLab, the leading Operations Experience platform, is growing internationally, and fast! We're looking for the best talent from across the world to help us bring people and brands closer together.
We're looking for a full-time VP of Sales, US to lead our US sales team, based in East Coast timezone (ET).
You'll be responsible for the development and execution of the GTM strategy to e-commerce, enterprise customers in the US. You will guide and manage a team of motivated sales professionals to arrange meetings with target accounts, execute the GTM strategy and close business to meet the assigned regional quota. You will work collaboratively with marketing and product to build a pipeline with the help of our demand generation efforts. You'll have ownership of the US sales pipeline, team productivity and development. The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of managing teams selling complex SaaS solutions to e-commerce and retail businesses.
What you can expect:
- Develop, with Marketing and Product, overall GTM strategy. Acquire new enterprise retailers and brands in the e-commerce space within the US region. Assist US sales team throughout the sales process, closing and negotiating deals
- Ownership of US pipeline, new business, upsells, and renewals of high-growth, technical solution while increasing the team’s overall percentage hitting target. Achieve pipeline and bookings growth objectives with support of our marketing and partnerships teams
- Manage sales team of 10+ for the North America region, which consists of Account Executives, Account Managers, Sales Development Reps and potentially other roles in future as the team expands. Ensure overall team performance and retention
- Hire and develop new members of the US sales team, in close collaboration with the People team. Ensure US sales team executes on the strategy provided to obtain performance objectives
- Ensure your team maintains CRM (Salesforce) and other sales tools to track all relevant activities (calls, meetings, opportunities and deals) in the sales process. Support the VP Global Sales on the ongoing improvement and implementation of an effective sales process. Regularly report sales performance on a weekly, monthly and/or quarterly basis
- Collaborate with the Technical Account Management (TAM team) to ensure a smooth handover of new customers from pre-sales to onboarding. Align with other departments and regions including Marketing, Finance, People Team, Product and others
- Attend trade shows and events including online, national and occasionally international
Who will succeed here:
- A collaborative leader with vast experience managing and enabling SDR and AE roles to think strategically and execute our GTM strategy
- A leader who is an enabler: as a well-versed coach you inspire your team, you role-model growth mindset, and are passionate about mentoring and guiding teams to learn and grow every day
- Passionate about hiring, developing, and managing a diverse and inclusive US sales team
- A creative sales approach with a proven track record of growth and overachieving targets in the SaaS industry targeting enterprise-level customers
- Strong knowledge of the retail/e-commerce vertical with significant experience communicating with executive decision makers in this space
- Deep understanding of sales principles, e.g. MEDDIC/MEDDPICC and practices, and an ability to coach others on them
- A contributor, someone who enjoys the challenge of the sales cycle and influencing the outcome
- Motivator to influence cross-functional teams and collaborate with them successfully
- Executive-level presentation skills (both externally with customers or partners and internally with colleagues worldwide)
- Outstanding verbal and written communication in English
- Connected with senior e-commerce and marketing contacts at the top 500 retailers and brands in US
- Actively working with high-growth, start-up/scale-up stage technology company
- President’s Club resident
Perks & Benefits:
🧠 Plenty of room for your own ideas...space to try, fail and learn!
🛳 Comprehensive 30-60-90 day onboarding plan in place from the very first day to help you integrate seamlessly with the rest of the company and understand new responsibilities
🏝 As a digital-first company, you choose whether to work entirely from home, in one of our offices or a mix that suits you. Not close to one of our offices No problem! Find yourself a co-working space instead, and we’ll pay
🪴 Make use of our home office set-up budget to get kitted out (a spacious desk, comfy chair, some houseplants, or great tech accessories!), and all this alongside the latest MacBook or PC
🚀 Career development opportunities, including our Leadership Development Program and our Future Leaders Program, as well as online language courses, available budgets for further training and access to LinkedIn Learning
🧘🏽♀️ Stay grounded with our free meditation, mindfulness and coaching sessions via our mental wellbeing platform nilo.health
🎉 Regular company retreats, parcelLab events (in-person and online), local and regional meet-ups, as well as team off-sites
🌏 Be part of a motivated, diverse and international team made up of over 34 different nationalities; and with a five-star rating for company culture and employee experience on Glassdoor, you’ll love working here!
Furthermore, in the US we offer:
✈️ We want parcelLab to fit in well with your life - we support this through competitive PTO, robust mental health benefits, and a comprehensive Employee Assistance Program
👩🏾⚕️ Competitive Medical (no cost for employee!), Vision, & Dental plans with generous company contributions
🩺 Company-paid Short-Term Disability, Long-Term Disability, and Life Insurance
💰 Benefits that support your financial well-being including a 401(k) plan with 4% company match from day one and medical and dependent care Flexible Spending Accounts
We bring people and brands closer together by closing the experience gap post-sales and beyond, transforming operational complexity into opportunities to outperform for 550+ brands worldwide, including IKEA, Bose, Puma, Lidl, Farfetch and Nespresso.
With offices in Munich, London, Paris and Boston, we have been highlighted by the Financial Times as one of the fastest-growing technology companies in Europe in 2021.
It’s all in a day’s work for us:
- Monitor over six million shipments per day
- Now actively managing operations experiences in 153 countries across the globe
- Send around thirteen million pro-active, personalized, event-driven emails
- Shipping data comes from more than 150+ carriers worldwide, including DHL, FedEx & DPD
- Creating over 40 million reasons for people to fall in love with brands each day
For brands, that means more chances to create relationships that last. And for the people that buy from them, it means turning mundane operational moments into moments of joy.
parcelLab is an Equal Opportunities Employer. We live the motto always joy, always team, always equality, which means we celebrate diversity and do not accept any form of discrimination or harassment. We believe that diversity enriches our employee experience and allows each of us to deliver the best work possible.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, disability status or other lived experience.
Come be part of our growth – contribute your ideas and share in our success as we continue to improve the post-sales customer journey for millions of people every day.Apply now »