Senior Backend Engineer
parcelLab, the leading Operations Experience Management platform, is growing internationally. We're looking for the best talent from across the world to help us bring people and brands closer together.
We are looking for a full-time Senior Backend Engineer to join our Global Engineering team. In this role, you will build the systems that power pre-checkout, delivery and returns experiences in more than 550 brands worldwide. Are you convinced that software testing and engineering best practices are essential to spur our technical success? Accompany us on the road to making parcelLab a reference in e-commerce technology.
As a digital-first company, we offer greater flexibility in working location. Therefore, you can work from one of our offices in London or Munich or remotely within the UK, Germany, or Spain.
What you can expect:
- Provide technical expertise and leadership within your team.
- Develop, deploy, architect, and operate systems that serve millions of users daily.
- Spearhead good engineering practices within the team.
- Coach mid level engineers and make an impact in their technical career paths.
- Drive agility and speed-to-market, increasing developer productivity while keeping our quality and cross-cutting concerns on check, like testing, security, observability, reliability and availability.
- Actively contribute to technical decisions within the team and represent them in technical discussions that affect the whole Engineering department.
What you need to succeed:
- Proven experience as a Senior developer building distributed, reliable and highly available backend applications in an agile environment.
- Extensive experience with a high-level programming language. We use TypeScript a lot, and while exposure to this language is a plus, the requirement is to have strong foundations in writing quality applications at scale.
- Proficiency in test automation. We expect that your code comes naturally with tests and we aim to have 100% coverage. You care about quality and what it means to ship high-quality code at speed.
- Very good knowledge of Git, development workflow automation and CI/CD.
- Competency with containers (Docker/Podman). Exposure to container orchestration systems like Kubernetes is a plus.
- Experience with cloud platforms such as AWS, Google Cloud, Azure or similar.
- Great at communicating with people, motivating everyone and getting the whole team on the same page.
- Fluency in English.
- The most important one: willingness to learn. We are growing and constantly learning new things, and we enjoy that a lot. As the technology landscape is changing fast and we are coping with such change, we do not expect to find people with experience in all those technologies. If you are excited about our tech stack and you think you are a fast learner, do not hesitate to apply!
Perks & Benefits:
🧠 Plenty of room for your own ideas...space to try, fail and learn!
🛳 Comprehensive 30-60-90 day onboarding plan in place from the very first day to help you integrate seamlessly with the rest of the company and understand new responsibilities
🏝 As a digital-first company, you choose whether to work entirely from home, in one of our offices or a mix that suits you. Not close to one of our offices No problem! Find yourself a co-working space instead, and we’ll pay
🪴 Make use of our home office set-up budget to get kitted out (a spacious desk, comfy chair, some houseplants, or great tech accessories!), and all this alongside the latest MacBook or PC
🚀 Career development opportunities, including our Leadership Development Program and our Future Leaders Program, as well as online language courses, available budgets for further training and access to LinkedIn Learning
🧘🏽♀️ Stay grounded with our free meditation, mindfulness and coaching sessions via our mental wellbeing platform nilo.health
🎉 Regular company retreats, parcelLab events (in-person and online), local and regional meet-ups, as well as team off-sites
🌏 Be part of a motivated, diverse and international team made up of over 34 different nationalities; and with a five-star rating for company culture and employee experience on Glassdoor, you’ll love working here!
We bring people and brands closer together by closing the experience gap post-sales and beyond, transforming operational complexity into opportunities to outperform for 550+ brands worldwide, including IKEA, Bose, Puma, Lidl, Farfetch and Nespresso.
With offices in Munich, London and Boston, we have been highlighted by the Financial Times as one of the fastest-growing technology companies in Europe in 2021.
It’s all in a day’s work for us:
- Monitor over six million shipments per day
- Now actively managing operations experiences in 153 countries across the globe
- Send around thirteen million pro-active, personalized, event-driven emails
- Shipping data comes from more than 150+ carriers worldwide, including DHL, FedEx & DPD
- Creating over 40 million reasons for people to fall in love with brands each day
For brands, that means more chances to create relationships that last. And for the people that buy from them, it means turning mundane operational moments into moments of joy.
parcelLab is an Equal Opportunities Employer. We live the motto always joy, always team, always equality, which means we celebrate diversity and do not accept any form of discrimination or harassment. We believe that diversity enriches our employee experience and allows each of us to deliver the best work possible.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, disability status or other lived experience.
Come be part of our growth – contribute your ideas and share in our success as we continue to improve the post-sales customer journey for millions of people every day.Apply now »
- Senior Backend Engineer
- Munich, Bavaria