Senior Full Stack Engineer
parcelLab, the leading Operations Experience platform, is growing internationally, and fast! We're looking for the best talent from across the world to help us bring people and brands closer together.
We are looking for full-time Senior Full-Stack Engineers to join our Engineering Team.
With your passion for solving real-world problems using a modern tech stack (and with the support of your teammates worldwide), you'll interpret customer requirements, design new features, build key parts of our product, tackle complex integration challenges and continually improve our software offering for our global e-commerce customer-base.
As a digital first company, we offer greater flexibility in working location. Therefore, you can work from one of our offices in London, Munich or remotely within the UK, Germany or Spain.
What you can expect:
- You will develop, improve and deploy key components of our product
- You will have ownership for key aspects of our product
- Develop new features together our Product Team and well-known international e-commerce customers
- Room to experiment, learn new technologies and work with a modern stack (Serverless, React, Node)
- Work on a product used by millions of people each day
- Our CTO Julian promises that every new joiner will deploy their first feature to production within 2 weeks
What you need to succeed:
- 5+ years experience in a similar role
- You have experience in interdependently developing functional features and code, in both a front-end and back-end environment and deploying these
- You are or will be comfortable using Node, Mongo, & AWS
- You're familiar with creating web-based software architecture
- You are structured, organised, with an analytical approach to solving problems with innovative solutions
- You have an excellent work ethic and are a highly reliable and dependable team member within an agile environment
- Provide mentorship for Junior and Intermediate Engineers on your team to help them grow in their technical responsibilities and remove blockers to their autonomy
- Help to define and improve our internal standards for style, maintainability, and best practices for a high-scale web environment
- Maintain and advocate for these standards through code review
- Fluent in both written and spoken English
- Any other language skills, e.g. German, French, Spanish or Italian
- You have a deep understanding of the AWS service landscape
- Unit tests are not new to you and you already worked with testing frameworks like Jest.js or pytest
Perks & Benefits:
🧠 Plenty of room for your own ideas...space to try, fail and learn!
🛳 Comprehensive 30-60-90 day onboarding plan in place from the very first day to help you integrate seamlessly with the rest of the company and understand new responsibilities
🏝 As a digital-first company, you choose whether to work entirely from home, in one of our offices or a mix that suits you. Not close to one of our offices No problem! Find yourself a co-working space instead, and we’ll pay
🪴 Make use of our home office set-up budget to get kitted out (a spacious desk, comfy chair, some houseplants, or great tech accessories!), and all this alongside the latest MacBook or PC
🚀 Career development opportunities, including our Leadership Development Program and our Future Leaders Program, as well as online language courses, available budgets for further training and access to LinkedIn Learning
🧘🏽♀️ Stay grounded with our free meditation, mindfulness and coaching sessions via our mental wellbeing platform nilo.health
🎉 Regular company retreats, parcelLab events (in-person and online), local and regional meet-ups, as well as team off-sites
🌏 Be part of a motivated, diverse and international team made up of over 34 different nationalities; and with a five-star rating for company culture and employee experience on Glassdoor, you’ll love working here!
We bring people and brands closer together by closing the experience gap post-sales and beyond, transforming operational complexity into opportunities to outperform for 550+ brands worldwide, including IKEA, Bose, Puma, Lidl, Farfetch and Nespresso.
With offices in Munich, London, Paris and Boston, we have been highlighted by the Financial Times as one of the fastest-growing technology companies in Europe in 2021.
It’s all in a day’s work for us:
- Monitor over six million shipments per day
- Now actively managing operations experiences in 153 countries across the globe
- Send around thirteen million pro-active, personalized, event-driven emails
- Shipping data comes from more than 150+ carriers worldwide, including DHL, FedEx & DPD
- Creating over 40 million reasons for people to fall in love with brands each day
For brands, that means more chances to create relationships that last. And for the people that buy from them, it means turning mundane operational moments into moments of joy.
parcelLab is an Equal Opportunities Employer. We live the motto always joy, always team, always equality, which means we celebrate diversity and do not accept any form of discrimination or harassment. We believe that diversity enriches our employee experience and allows each of us to deliver the best work possible.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, disability status or other lived experience.
Come be part of our growth – contribute your ideas and share in our success as we continue to improve the post-sales customer journey for millions of people very day.Apply now »