These terms and conditions (“Terms”) are made by and between parcelLab LTD, a company incorporated under the laws of England and Wales with a registered office at 12 Hammersmith Grove, London, W6 7AP, United Kingdom (“parcelLab”) and the individual (“Participant”) who registers for an event organized by parcelLab (“Event”).
parcelLab is a provider of a software-as-a-service platform and associated professional services. parcelLab is the organizer of the Event and Participant wishes to attend the Event.
2. Object of the Agreement
Participant’s attendance at the Event is subject to the Terms. The Event may be an offline event where participants meet in person at a specific location or the Event may be an online event where the Participant participates via webinar and/or videoconferencing technology. Online events may either be live broadcasted on one or more internet streaming and social media platforms, including without limitation YouTube, Facebook, LinkedIn, or others, or pre-recorded and made available at a later date.
3. Conclusion of Agreement
3.1 If this Agreement is concluded online and the Participant is not asked to pay during the application procedure, Participant´s click on a button with the description “Apply now” or a description with a corresponding meaning shall be Participant´s binding quotation to conclude a contract with parceLab according to these Terms. parcelLab may, in its sole discretion, accept your binding quotation. Acceptance will be declared by email to the email address Participant provided at the time of application. If the Participant is asked to pay during the application process this Agreement is concluded as soon as Participant has paid the applicable fee (“Fee”).
3.2 parcelLab will issue a binding quotation or accept Participant´s binding quotation only if Participant is a company or a person acting in the exercise of its trade, business or profession and if Participant is at least 18 years old.
4. Obligation of parcelLab; Cancellation of Events
4.1 parcelLab will allow the Participant to access the Event and to participate.
4.2 parcelLab may cancel any Event at any time, for any reason, including without limitation if the minimum number of participants is not achieved or if there is the occurrence of an event beyond the reasonable control of parcelLab, such as an act of God, pandemic, failure of the public internet, labor disruptions, or government actions (collectively, a “Force Majeure Event”).
5. Obligations of the Participants; Code of Conduct
5.1 The Participant shall pay the participation fee, unless otherwise expressly agreed to in writing by parcelLab.
5.2 The Participant must provide his true first and last name at the time of application. The Participant represents, warrants, and covenants that all information provided to parcelLab with respect to the Event shall be accurate and complete.
5.3 The Participant acknowledges and agrees that parcelLab may record the Event and such recording may include audio, video, and/or photographic representations of the Participant. Participant expressly agrees to allow parcelLab to use such recordings for any purposes, including without limitation making such recordings publicly available.
5.4 The Participant shall at all times comply with parcelLab’s Code of Conduct, found in Exhibit A.
Exhibit A: Code of Conduct
1. Friendly Space The Event shall be a friendly space where all attendees feel welcome, safe, and comfortable to share ideas and engage in open respectful dialogue, without threat of intimidation or humiliation. Please be respectful in interactions with other participants, speakers, organizers, and staff.
2. No Discrimination; No Harassment parcelLab is committed to providing a harassment-free and inclusive Event experience for everyone, regardless of sex, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, or religion. We do not tolerate harassment of Event participants, speakers, organizers or staff in any form. Sexual language and imagery are not appropriate and are strictly prohibited. Harassment includes offensive verbal comments, sexual images in public spaces, deliberate intimidation, stalking, following, harassing photography or recording, sustained disruption of talks or other events taking place at the same location, inappropriate physical contact, and unwelcome sexual attention. Harassment is strictly prohibited. Participants asked to stop any harassing behavior are expected to immediately comply. These policies apply in every space at the venue related to the Event, and to all participants, speakers, organizers, and staff. Speakers, Event partners, sponsors, and those engaged in similar activities are also subject to this Code of Conduct.
3. Contact If you are being harassed, notice that someone else is being harassed, or have any other concerns, please contact a member of the Event staff immediately.
6. Personal Data
parcelLab will, and will cause any third parties to which parcelLab may share such data to, comply with applicable data protection laws and maintain appropriate administrative, physical and technical safeguards for the protection of the security, confidentiality, and integrity of Participant´s personal data, as such may be provided to parcelLab during the application and/or during the Event. In the event such data is provided or otherwise made available to parcelLab, parcelLab may share such data with third parties as reasonably necessary for parcelLab to conduct the Event. parcelLab shall enter into data processing addenda with any third parties to whom parcelLab may share such data, addressing such third party’s own compliance with applicable data protection laws and maintenance of appropriate security and confidentiality safeguards.
7. Payment / Fees
7.1 Participant shall pay the Fee, if any, as enumerated at the time of application.
7.2 Unless otherwise stipulated in the specific Event terms and conditions, if any, the Fee will be refunded only in case of parcelLab´s cancellation of the Event.
8.1 These Terms represents the entire understanding of the parties with respect to the subject matter herein. These Terms shall be governed by the laws of England and Wales. The exclusive place of jurisdiction with respect to these Terms shall be London. In no event shall parcelLab be liable for any indirect, incidental, consequential, special, punitive, or exemplary damages of any kind whatsoever. Additionally, in no event shall parcelLab’s liability to Participant exceed twenty five pounds (£25).
8.2 If individual provisions of this contract prove to be ineffective or unenforceable in whole or in part or become ineffective or unenforceable due to changes in the law after the contract was concluded, the remaining contractual provisions or the effectiveness of the contract as a whole shall remain unaffected thereby. Each such ineffective or unenforceable provision shall be replaced by an effective and enforceable provision which comes closest to the meaning and purpose of the original invalid provision.