Inside parcelLab: Interview with Lena
Lena - Solution Architect at parcelLab
Name: Lena Kuttig-Yazici
Age: 30 years
Position at parcelLab: Solution Architect
Originally from: NRW Recklinghausen
1. Briefly tell us what your everyday working life at parcelLab looks like
After getting a delicious coffee and some fruit from the kitchen, I sit down at my desk and go through my emails. I like to catch up with my teammates, but then I must get get going with my day as there's always plenty to do!
2. Tell us about your professional career
After high school, I moved to Düsseldorf to study a Bachelor's degree in Linguistics. Following this I then studied for my Master's. Once I graduated, I started my career at Westwing in Munich, where I worked for one and a half years. In 2018, I wanted a new challenge and came across parcelLab. I have been working here ever since.
3. What do you like most about parcelLab and your job?
That I am able to work independently and be given the responsibility to own my projects. This has meant that I've learnt a lot here. Most of all, I love that I have such a great team around me that feel like family.
4. In your opinion, what makes parcelLab unique?
The chance to have a say on many important topics. The founders let us participate in the running and future of the company and value our opinions.
5. What are the characteristics of the perfect parcelLab candidate?
I think initiative, commitment and motivation are important qualities for parcelLab's employees to have.
6. How would you describe the working atmosphere at parcelLab?
Totally relaxed. I love coming to the office and always look forward to a new working day.
7. What was your favourite moment at parcelLab so far? And why?
There are two. Firstly, signing great deals with clients and secondly the great company socials, like the Isar inflatable boat tour and our office parties (they are legendary).
8. What qualities and strengths have you gained during your time at parcelLab?
I would say that I was able to develop key skills such as willingness to take responsibility, persuasiveness and technical and professional competency.
9. What challenges have you had to face during your time at parcelLab and how did you overcome them?
At first it was difficult to understand the technical aspects of the product. But after familiarising myself them, this was no longer a problem.
10. What makes Munich so attractive for you?
The quality of life. Despite the city life, the English Garden, the Isar, the mountains and lakes often make you feel like you're on holiday.
11. How would you spend your perfect weekend?
After a cosy Weißwurst breakfast, go by bike to the English Garden and lie in the sun with friends. And in the evening, relax in a beautiful beer garden.
12. What three words would your colleagues use to describe you?
I think "punctual, reliable and helpful"
would fit quite well.
Create new reasons for people to love your brand. Build standout post-sales experiences tailored to your customers. Deliver personalized touch points that grab attention and spark loyalty.