What is WISMO?
Where can retailers receive WISMO requests?
WISMO has increased due to coronavirus
How can retailers reduce WISMO?
Retailers should always be working to reduce WISMO. However, it is more important than ever during these uncertain times to keep customers informed and happy. We’ve put together six handy tips for reducing WISMO:
- 1. Proactive multi-channel post-purchase communication: By taking control of communication post-purchase, retailers can proactively communicate with customers at each stage of journey. Sending regular updates via SMS, email and also through WhatsApp and Facebook Messenger means the customer is always in the know about their order, even if it’s delayed.
- 2. Communicate delivery delays at checkout: Advertise prominently on the homepage, on all product pages and at checkout how many days the delivery is likely to take. If you are expecting delays but can’t predict how long, communicate this here too .
- 3. Keep shipping status up-to-date: Inform customers in real-time about the status of their order during the shipping process.
- 4. Set up coronavirus FAQ page: Direct customers to the page from the homepage, product pages and tracking pages so they can have their questions answered easily, and without having to reach out to a customer service agent. Include queries about delivery status, times and stock.
- 5. Direct support traffic to other channels: If you’ve had to limit your telephone support network for technical or resource reasons, direct customers to other channels such as Facebook Messenger or WhatsApp. Again display where customers should get in contact with you clearly on the homepage and tracking pages, as well as in shipping emails. It might be worth including a message to remind customers to only contact you after they’ve looked at your FAQs page first!
- 6. Measure satisfaction using NPS: Measuring customer satisfaction using Net Promoter Scores or other review platforms is a great way to quickly recognize if something is wrong with your services. This review option can be implemented into shipping emails and tracking pages and should be monitored regularly to look for common themes.
How can parcelLab help you reduce WISMO?
parcelLab enables retailers to take control back of their post-purchase communication. Retailers can direct customers to a white-labeled and integrated Track & Trace page, as well as sending proactive and branded shipping update emails.
parcelLab has helped retailers reduce WISMO calls by 25% instantly, as customers are kept informed about the status of their order. Read more about how here.
Customers are not only left feeling satisfied with their experience, but they are also more likely to return and make an additional purchase from the online shop.
The good news for retailers is that customers are currently very lenient when it comes to shipping times for their orders. However, due to the corona crisis and the shutdown of the majority of bricks and mortar stores, online retailers have to attract customers who would otherwise only have bought in store. Anyone who surprises customers with excellent service here has a good chance of turning unique occasional customers into permanent regular customers.
Anton Eder – COO, parcelLab