Isabel Dennig – Solution Architect
Name: Isabel Dennig
Age: 23 years
Position at parcelLab: Solution Architect
1. Briefly tell us what your everyday working life at parcelLab looks like
I start my day with a bowl of oatmeal (a must!) and a cup of tea. After this, I plan my day and that’s where my daily routine ends. From then, I have a range of tasks, including writing emails, phone calls, hosting demos with potential partners, creating offers and planning projects. Each day is really different and I never get bored!
2. Tell us about your professional career
I actually studied Romance Studies at university, but somehow slipped into IT afterwards. I supported the sales staff and customers at a software license company. It was here that I realised that I am very interested in this type of role. I then joined parcelLab through another start-up where I did cold calling.
3. What do you like most about parcelLab and your job?
My favourite thing is speaking to customers and the fact that you can build positive relationships with them. It is also great that our product actually helps retailers and offers them real added value. Happy customers are the most important thing for us.
4. In your opinion, what makes parcelLab unique?
I find the level of trust placed in each individual employee very unique. Nobody is told here that the tasks or customers are too big for you. You will always be supported in mastering all the issues and generating the desired output.
5. What are the characteristics of the perfect parcelLab applicant?
They should work independently – this is very important. Nobody is checking what you’re doing all day so you need to be very motivated and proactive to succeed.
6. How would you describe the working atmosphere at parcelLab?
There is a very positive mood and everyone works together. We all help each other and the different personalities within the teams complement each other perfectly.
7. What was your favourite moment at parcelLab so far? And why?
For me, the face-to-face appointments are particularly enjoyable. These are the most fun, especially with the more knowledge and experience you have.
8. What qualities and strengths have you gained during your time at parcelLab?
I would say that you become more confident every day: be it through the interaction with colleagues or through the numerous conversations I have with (potential) customers every day.
9. What challenges have you had to face during your time at parcelLab and how did you overcome them?
There is always a lot to do and so it is not so easy to prioritise and keep track of things. That being said, you just learn over time and develop these skills. The positive mood in the team always helps – including sticker booklets that our boss Chris got for everyone !
10. What makes Munich so attractive for you?
I think the city is just super beautiful and relaxed. One of my favourite places is the Hofgarten (especially in summer) .
11. How would you spend your perfect weekend?
When the weather is good, I like to have a picnic in the park on Saturdays and read an exciting book. I also like to go to the mountains on Sundays, because you can reach them very quickly from Munich. When I’m exhausted, we have a bbq on the balcony in the evening.
12. What three words would your colleagues use to describe you?
- Sweet tooth