Huyen Tran – Feel Good Manager
Name: Huyen Tran aka Chicken, Chicken Wing, Frozen
Age: 27 years
Position at parcelLab: Feel Good Manager
Originally from: Pankow, Berlin
1. Briefly tell us what your everyday working life at parcelLab looks like
For me, everyday is different. I plan each day by looking at what is coming up in the near future and then prioritising the most important tasks. I do have some routine though: I always start my day with a ginger and lemon tea with a dash of lime. I’m not really a morning person, so I’m usually unresponsive before 12pm – but my colleagues know that! You can try and talk to me before then, but it’s not advisable .
2. What do you like most about parcelLab and your job?
At parcelLab, I particularly like the flat hierarchies and the friendly way that we interact with each other. This is often not the case in companies and that’s why I feel so comfortable here.
3. In your opinion, what makes parcelLab unique?
We have so much fun and laugh a lot (it’s good for the abs!). In addition, the founders are always available to listen to employees, whether it’s a professional or private concern or idea. I really like going to work every day.
4. What are the characteristics of the perfect parcelLab candidate?
Nobody is perfect! But the most important qualities in an applicant should be a good sense of humour and collegiality. In addition, they should fit in with the team dynamic as we all get on very well.
5. How would you describe the working atmosphere at parcelLab?
The atmosphere is great and super relaxed. You can talk to your colleagues about anything and we’ve all formed so many friendships. We often get together after work: Chicken house parties are legendary .
6. What is your favourite moment at parcelLab so far? And why?
I don’t know where to start – the list is very long as there’s been so many great moments at parcelLab. One of the biggest highlights is our anniversary party in summer, because we made it onto the Munich Police’s twitter. @Toni I have fulfilled your wish!
7. What qualities and strengths have you gained during your time at parcelLab?
Since starting at parcelLab, I have been able to take on more and more responsibility for various topics. This has helped me grow – professionally and personally. I have been able to evolve my role and now look after accounting and event planning as well, which I enjoy a lot and adds variety to the job.
8. What challenges have you had to face during your time at parcelLab and how did you overcome them?
At parcelLab there are new challenges every day, so you never get bored. But with teamwork and open communication, these can be mastered easily.
9. What makes Munich so attractive for you?
As a Berlin girl, Munich is fine . There are lots of cool spots where you can spend free time.
I do have to confess, I imagined it would be stuffier than it is. There’s actually some really cool areas that remind me a bit of Berlin (for example, techno club Bahnwärter Thiel and Mustafa’s Gemüse Kebabs).
10. How would you spend your perfect weekend?
I’m a pretty spontaneous person, so I do what I feel like in the moment. As long as it doesn’t involve sports, I’m up for anything!
11. What three words would your colleagues use to describe you?
- Morning grouch
- Agony Aunt
Sorry, I couldn’t make up my mind!